PRP therapy is an innovative injection treatment, which involves an intradermal injection of platelet-rich plasma derived from patient’s blood.
Platelets have growth factors responsible for regenerative process and the growth of new tissue, stimulate dermal fibroblasts, and boost the production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. Plasma also improves microcirculation and cell metabolism, enhances hair follicles tropism and strengthens local immunity.
PRP therapy is mostly used to:
- treat diffuse alopecia (associated with postpartum complications, previous diseases and stress);
- treat androgenic alopecia (male and female);
- prepare hair before transplantation;
- take care after hair transplantation;
- improve the structure and quality of hair and boost its growth.